RESTAURANT OPPORTUNITIES CENTER OF HOUSTON
We build power and voice for restaurant workers in three major ways:
1. Workplace Justice Campaigns – We support restaurant workers in the Houston area whose face injustice in their restaurant workplace.
To sign up for our new member orientation and learn more about what we do, feel free to call us at (832)623-6304
2. Promoting the High Road to Profitability – We partner with responsible restaurant owners in the Houston area to promote best management practices. We also partner with them to offer our restaurant worker members with FREE restaurant training and job placement services, to help restaurant workers advance to livable wage jobs in the industry. We offer the following classes:
- Introduction to Fine Dining Service and Bartending
- English for Restaurant workers
3. Research & Policy work – ROC-Houston organizes restaurant worker members, academics, and other allies to conduct the most comprehensive industry analyses ever conducted on the United States restaurant industry. This participatory research serves as the basis for our worker-led local, state, and federal policy advocacy.
If you are interested in participating in our research and policy prong, please contact us: email@example.com
We have some paid opportunities available in this area.
4. Other services for members:
Becoming a member of ROC-Houston has its privileges, including:
- Free training classes
- Worker’s rights and organizing training
- ROC’s National Health Care Cooperative
Other opportunities to get involved:
- Women’s Committee
- Training Committee
- Policy Committee
To learn more, attend one of our new member orientations:
- English orientation: Mondays and Wednesdays at 2pm
- Spanish orientation: Mondays and Wednesdays at 12pm
Phone: (832) 623-6304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 5373 W. Alabama St, suite 202A. Houston, TX 77056