- Take Action
- Our Work
- ROC Local
- Behind The Kitchen Door
Check us out on twitter!
WHO WE ARE: Philly-ROC is a local restaurant workers’ org founded in 2011. We build power and voice for restaurant workers in three major ways:
1. Workplace Justice Campaigns – We support restaurant workers in the Philadelphia area whose face injustice in their restaurant workplace.
To sign up for our new member orientation and learn more about what we do, feel free to call us at (215) 867-9747
2. Promoting the High Road to Profitability – We partner with responsible restaurant owners in the Philadelphia area to promote best management practices. We also partner with them to offer our restaurant worker members with FREE restaurant training and job placement services, to help restaurant workers advance to livable wage jobs in the industry. We offer the following classes:
- Introduction to Fine Dining Service and Bartending: Mondays from 2pm to 5pm (*This class is hosted at the famous Fergie’s Pub in the heart of Philadelphia.)
- English for Restaurant workers: Tuesdays from 1pm to 3pm
3. Research & Policy work – We are currently conducting the most comprehensive research available on our local Philadelphia area restaurant industry. Our members are trained to conduct more than 500 surveys of their fellow workers. We will also conduct more than 30 employer interviews. We publish all of this information in our local policy report by the summer of 2012.
If you are currently employed in the restaurant industry and are interested in helping us conduct this study please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
4. Other services for members:
Becoming a member of Philly-ROC has its privileges, including:
- Attending one of our Free Proffesional Development Classes
- Joining our Policy, Work Place Justice, or Women’s Committees
Join the movement by becoming a member of ROC-Philly! Call us today!
Phone: (215) 867-9747
Address: 1329 Buttonwood St. 3rd Fl. Philadelphia, PA 19123
Fabricio Rodriguez (Co-coordinator) Email: email@example.com
Andrea Lemoins (Co-coordinator) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org